Womenswear Key Seasonal Themes SS 17
Courtesy of Trendstop
Just as things heat up for the current summer retail season, the experts at Trendstop are focusing on the trends that will be driving the S/S 2017 women’s market collections. This curated edit focuses on three great Spring / Summer classics: Cargo, Country and Nautical – but all are re-energised by totally new, contemporary twists.
It would be an absolute mistake to think that inspiration can come from what’s been done in the past. The key to a commercially successful brand lies in making each collection unique, giving customers just what it is that they’ll want to buy tomorrow. Here are Trendstop’s directions:
Leaving behind the harsher military connotations, this chic take on cargo is about femininity imbued into its most recognisable utilitarian elements.
- Oversized pockets add bold volumes to stripped back silhouettes
- Camo prints blown up to exaggeration bring abstract simplicity
- A powdery palette of light blues and neutrals softens the mood
Top Image courtesy of Trendstop: Lindex S/S 2016 collection.
Evocative of a Provençale day but built on Japanese-inspired silhouettes, this story is about quiet comfort, natural materials and ultimate wearability.
- Marled fabrics speak of willingly unrefined, soft textures
- Cropped cuts and wide shapes add Asian elements
- Straw and natural fibres accessories for a light-hearted summer feel
There’s no compromising on the primary tones of maritime inspiration – the beauty is that the navy, red and white blocks lend themselves to ultra contemporary graphic reinterpretations.
- Stripes, knots and rubber translate basic boating elements into edgy detailing
- Colour blocking and bold juxtapositions
- Rubber coatings and rope details translate maritime into contemporary.
All images courtesy of Trendstop.
WCF readers can get 10% off Trendstop’s complete Women’s Spring 2017 Essential Color Forecast, containing an expertly curated mix of fashion-forward tones, core shades and accents to help you plan your Spring 2017 colors with confidence. Simply enter promo code SS17WCF to receive your exclusive discount.
Trendstop.com, is the world’s leading trend forecasting agency for fashion forward trend information that is validated through early consumers to give you confidence in your trend decision making. Clients include Forever21, PVH, Ralph Lauren, H&M, Hugo Boss and L’Oreal.