Womenswear FW 17-18 Print Direction
Courtesy of Trendstop
This week, WeConnectFashion readers get an exclusive insight into three of the essential womenswear print directions emerging at the European trade shows and fresh from the street that will be impacting on the Fall/Winter season. Heightened Blooms and Into the Wild see bold florals and exotic animal prints reworked for Fall with high contrast brights on darkened grounds creating a graphic yet sophisticated look. Talk the Type brings a youthful appeal to typographic prints through novel placements and irreverent slogans.
Floral prints come in bold high contrast palettes with vibrant blooms against solid color grounds.
- Colorful blooms contrast with solid background shades.
- Oversized and all-over floral motifs make a strong print statement.
- Black and neutral tones update florals for Fall.
Top image courtesy of Trendstop: Paris street style, July 2016.
Talk the Type
Typography prints and graphic lettering brings a feeling of youthful rebellion through slogan statements and fun phrases.
- Large lettering and bold fonts have impact.
- Monochrome color-ways create dynamic contrasts.
- New placements reenergize slogan prints.
Into the Wild
Animal prints are refined for Fall with clean vector graphic spots and stripes in exotic fashion-forward color combinations.
- Wild animal patterns get a modern makeover.
- Vector graphic prints offer a clean-lined aesthetic.
- Exotic inspirations are reflected in bold hues and metallics finishes.
All images courtesy of Trendstop.
WeConnectFashion readers can get free access to Trendstop’s Spring Summer 2016 Color Forecast; n essential report featuring the most commercially relevant collections, inspirational imagery and latest applications.
Click the banner to receive your complimentary presentation.
Trendstop.com, is the world’s leading trend forecasting agency for fashion forward trend information that is validated through early consumers to give you confidence in your trend decision making. Clients include H&M, Primark, Forever21, Zalando, Geox, Evisu, Hugo Boss, L’Oreal and MTV.