Womenswear Essential Denim Trends S/S 2019
Courtesy of Trendstop
Hot off the international catwalks and direct from Denim Premiere Vision in Paris, Trendstop reveals the key finishes, surface treatments and detailing that will be vital to your next denim collection and retail mix. The report brings WeConnectFashion readers the latest themes and concepts that will be impacting jeanswear into the Spring/Summer 2019 season and beyond.
Here’s an exclusive look at three denim directions that will be inspiring the SS19 season. In Contrast updates traditional patchworking techniques with cleaner, more formal blocked constructions. Softened Chambray introduces a gentle, feminine handle to denim with soft, laundered finishes while Insta-Patching puts the fun back into jeanswear with personalised patches and cheeky statement slogans.
Key Denim Finishes, Washes, and Treatments
Image courtesy of Trendstop. Prosperity Textile S/S 2018 collection.
In Contrast Classic jeanswear tones are brought together as deep dark indigo, mid-blue and faded stonewashes are mix and matched within a single garment.
- Pieced and patched constructions take a more formal approach
- Oversized dark/light blockings create bold contrasts
- Neat seams and considered distressing offer a cleaner look
Chambray cottons are over-washed and whitened, creating super-soft handles with a gently careworn appeal.
- Pale blue tints offer a softer alternative to classic bright white
- Ultra-light fabrications translate denim looks for high summer
- Fluid silhouettes bring a feminine touch to utilitarian pieces
Modern day pop-culture inspires SS19’s placement graphic prints as famous faces and retro icons adorn athleisure and casual apparel.
- Polaroid photos and magazine shoots inspire print panels and patches
- Monochrome, sepia or color photo effects reference vintage portraits
- Utilizing celebrity images, both past and present, broadens the appeal
All images courtesy of Trendstop.
WeConnectFashion readers can get FREE ACCESS to Trendstop’s Fall/Winter 2017-18 Denim Themes Forecast, an essential report into the seasons must-have trends for the denim market. Simply click here to receive your complimentary report. Simply click here to receive your complimentary report. Simply click here, to receive your free report.
Trendstop.com, is the worlds leading trend forecasting agency for fashion forward trend information that is validated through early consumers to give you confidence in your trend decision making. Clients include H&M, Primark, Forever21, Zalando, Geox, Evisu, Hugo Boss, L’Oreal and MTV.
- Women's Reports
- Menswear Reports
- Color: Fall/Winter Color Trends
- Color: Spring/Summer Color Trends
- Runway & Tradeshow: Fall/Winter
- Runway & Tradeshow: Spring/Summer
RELATED CONTACT LISTS PRODUCTS