Tokyo Fashion Week Overview Spring/Summer 2018
Courtesy of Trendstop
Trendstop’s catwalk experts bring you an exclusive look at the essential apparel trends and silhouettes direct from the Tokyo runways. Located at the city’s iconic Shibuya Hikare and Omotesando Hills fashion complexes, this biannual event featured a host of young home-grown talent as well as 50 global brands. At Meiji’s Memorial Picture Gallery, a range of collaborative pieces from Sacai and Undercover culminated in a joint catwalk show that combined both designer’s streetwear and hybrid fashion aesthetics.
This week, Trendstop present an exclusive look at three apparel trends from Tokyo Fashion Week that will be impacting into SS18 and beyond. The Super-Size Sweat follows the ongoing sports-meets-street trend with oversized proportions revamping an athleisure staple while Moto GP unites racing track and runway with its fashion-forward nod to the professional motorbike racer. The Shirt Dress Rework introduces a chic, contemporary take on deconstruction with a renewed emphasis on wearability and femininity.
Women’s International Runway Inspiration
Image courtesy of Trendstop. Hiroko Koshino S/S 2018 collection.
The Super-Size Sweat
Athletic sweats make a statement for SS18 with conceptual XXL proportions that fuse masculine street and sportswear influences.
- Super-sized volumes and extended sleeves borrow from the boys
- Hooded jersey tops are elongated to create sweatshirt/dress hybrids
- Net overlays and zip opening details amplify directional silhouettes
The Shirt Dress Rework
The shirt dress is reworked for SS18 with a fresh deconstructed/reconstructed sensibility that reinvigorates classic utilitarian styles.
- Hanky hems, frilled pockets and ruched cuffs offer a more feminine feel
- Cinched waists and A-line cuts enhance hourglass silhouettes
- Additional sleeve components form tie belts and skirt details
Sports themes continue strongly as motor sports and bike culture become the new influences for SS18’s active casuals.
- Biker leathers and mechanic overalls inspire jumpsuits and co-ords
- Industrial practicality is combined with lightweight performance qualities Contrast paneling and piping enhance the sports inspired aesthetic
All images courtesy of Trendstop.
WeConnectFashion readers can get FREE ACCESS to Trendstop’s Fall Winter 2017 -18 Apparel on the Catwalks, an essential guide to the international catwalk season’s key silhouettes and styles. Simply click here to receive your complimentary report. Simply click here, to receive your free report.
Trendstop.com, is the world’s leading trend forecasting agency for fashion forward trend information that is validated through early consumers to give you confidence in your trend decision making. Clients include H&M, Primark, Forever21, Zalando, Geox, Evisu, Hugo Boss, L’Oreal and MTV.
- Women's Reports
- Menswear Reports
- Color: Fall/Winter Color Trends
- Color: Spring/Summer Color Trends
- Runway & Tradeshow: Fall/Winter
- Runway & Tradeshow: Spring/Summer
RELATED CONTACT LISTS PRODUCTS