Premiere Vision Paris Fall Winter 2018-19 Overview
Courtesy of Trendstop
This week, WeConnectFashion readers look at three materials directions that will be informing the FW 18-19 season. From the halls of the Premiere Vision Paris tradeshow: Nouveau Neoprene explores scuba fabric’s transition from pure performance to fashion essential while The Fashion Tweed sees the modern reinvention of a classic. Astronomy Prints look to the future with a mix of galactic themed digital graphics and illustrations.
Materials Direction FW 18/19
Scuba textures are reworked for Fall/Winter with a lighter handle that lends itself to fashion as well as sportswear applications.
- Spongy handles have a lightweight yet substantial feel
- Jersey finishes and marled backers that tap into the athleisure trend
- Pastel tints and pale neutral color-ways have a transseasonal feel
The Fashion Tweed
Boucle tweed textures are given a fashion twist for Fall with multicolored, multi-textural knits shot with glittering metallics.
- Checks and stripes are abstracted by looped and fluffy yarns
- Finishes dotted with embroidery thread add an extra textural quality
- Foil effect coatings offer a contemporary take on a classic fabrication
Nebula prints, planetary patters and astrology motifs give an other-worldly feel to Fall fabrics.
- Prints mix and match photoreal images and illustrative motifs
- Collaged and layered effects soften ultra-modern digital graphics
- Zodiac signs bring a fresh look to space-age trends
All images courtesy of Trendstop.
WeConnectFashion readers can get FREE ACCESS to Trendstop’s Fall/Winter 2017-18 Premiere Vision Fabric Show Overview, an essential guide to the season’s material innovations direct from Premiere Vision, Paris. Simply click here, to receive your complimentary report.
Trendstop.com, is the world’s leading trend forecasting agency for fashion forward trend information that is validated through early consumers to give you confidence in your trend decision making. Clients include H&M, Primark, Forever21, Zalando, Geox, Evisu, Hugo Boss, L’Oreal and MTV.