Paris Trade Show Report, 3 Essential Menswear Trends F/W 2016-17
Courtesy of Trendstop
Each season, the Trendstop experts travel across the globe to attend the most influential fashion trade shows in the industry calendar. They recently dispatched a team of trend-spotters to report on the action taking place at the Fall/Winter 2016-17 menswear editions of Capsule, Tranoï and MAN in Paris. Here, WeConnectFashion readers are presented with three essential new trends emerging in F/W16-17 menswear, fresh from the trade show floor courtesy of Trendstop.
MAN, Capsule, & Tranoï
pictured: MAN Paris Jan 2016 tradeshow.
This time around, Capsule’s modern offering emphasized quality, construction and unconventional details. Tranoï’s downsized edit was split across two venues with a focus on contemporary streetwear. Meanwhile, the curated collections at MAN revealed fresh takes on material innovation with a wide range of textural qualities.
This winter, military-inspired are styles updated for the city, making for a new twist on utility looks.
- Sporty outerwear combines dark wash denim with olive green blocking.
- Accessories go functional with styles like boxy buckled backpacks.
- Camou prints stand out on footwear and knitwear.
Men’s formalwear is upgraded for the digital age, demonstrating a play on technical materials and performance detailing.
- Tailored apparel is informed by fabrics like nylon and padding.
- Futuristic looks receive a sartorial twist, such as industrial timepieces.
- Formal footwear makes a statement with bold scuba inserts.
Menswear styles reference traditional Japanese workwear. This was also a key trend at the Fall/Winter trade shows in Berlin.
- Denim-inspired aesthetics are key, as well as patchworking.
- Apparel shapes include longline coats and mandarin collar shirts.
- Floppy rounded felt hats complete the look
Leading on from this week’s Urban Military trend, WCF readers can get 10% off Trendstop’s Trend of 2016: New Utiltiy Men's Report, a must-have guide to Trendstop’s Fashion Trend of the Year, covering fashion, lifestyle and more for men. Simply enter promo code WCFMNU10 to receive your exclusive discount.
Trendstop.com, is the world’s leading trend forecasting agency for fashion forward trend information that is validated through early consumers to give you confidence in your trend decision making. Clients include Forever21, PVH, Ralph Lauren, H&M, Hugo Boss and L’Oreal.