Menswear SS18 Key Apparel Directions
Courtesy of Trendstop
This week, the Trendstop catwalk team presents an exclusive look at three apparel directions that will be informing the SS18 season. Tops and tees get active as competitive cycling provides the inspiration for performance enhanced jerseys while Cargo Tech elevates utility pieces with a high tech twist. The Faux Denim Jacket sees an iconic style reworked and refreshed for summer in a range of fabrications, colours and prints that offer a host of new styling options.
Men’s International Runway Inspiration
Image courtesy of Trendstop. Dirk Bikkembergs S/S 2018 collection.
The Cycling Jersey
Cycle ready jerseys exude a new sense of athleticism with vibrant color blocking works and sponsorship inspired placement graphics.
- Professional cycling kit inspires active tops and tees
- Sports stitching details emphasize paneled constructions
- Contrast active and waterproof fabrications create textural blocks
Cargo inspired styles have a heavy tech focus this season as premium technical fabrications elevate classic utilitarian style.
- Concrete grey and khaki tones reference urban and military themes
- Lightweight waterproof fabrications enhance practical qualities
- Reflective materials offer additional surface interest
The Faux Denim Jacket
Denim inspired casual jackets are a updated for SS18 while still exuding the cool and classic appearance of the original.
- A range of fabrication choices offer a contemporary twist
- Wovens and suedes come in pale neutrals for summer
- Contrast sleeves and blocking introduce a colour and print element
All images courtesy of Trendstop.
WeConnectFashion readers can get FREE ACCESS to Trendstop’s Fall Winter 2017 -18 Top 10 Collections by City Report, a curated overview of the season’s best menswear collections and key designers. Simply click here to receive your complimentary report. Simply click here, to receive your free report.
Trendstop.com, is the world’s leading trend forecasting agency for fashion forward trend information that is validated through early consumers to give you confidence in your trend decision making. Clients include H&M, Primark, Forever21, Zalando, Geox, Evisu, Hugo Boss, L’Oreal and MTV.
- Women's Reports
- Menswear Reports
- Color: Fall/Winter Color Trends
- Color: Spring/Summer Color Trends
- Runway & Tradeshow: Fall/Winter
- Runway & Tradeshow: Spring/Summer
RELATED CONTACT LISTS PRODUCTS