Men’s Top Designer Collections FW 18/19
Courtesy of Trendstop
Trendstop’s catwalk experts bring you the essential collections and most influential designers showing across the international Men’s Fashion Weeks. Inspiring and innovative, these key styles will be impacting the direction and development of the menswear market into Fall/Winter 2018-19 and beyond.
This week, Trendstop present an exclusive look at three menswear catwalk collections. A Western influence was seen at both Louis Vuitton and Dries Van Noten, creating some of the season’s most interesting and unexpected hybrid styles. At Marni and Dries Van Noten, heritage and classic menswear codes were subverted with a darker, edgier feel. Punk elements and haphazard arts and crafts techniques transformed traditional silhouettes and played with surface texture.
Men’s International Fashion Week
Image courtesy of Trendstop. Marni S/S F/W 2018-19 collection.
Kim Jones’ last collection for Louis Vuitton blended the designer’s own explorations with the iconic house’s rich travel heritage.
- Coats and jackets feature performance and utility components
- Luxe vicuna fabrications introduce a premium aspect to outdoorwear
- Hiking boots with a Western twist create new trekker/cowboy hybrids
Arts and crafts were given a darker twist at Marni with a chaotic mix of textures, punchy graphics and blanket-esque layering.
- Screen-printed illustrations by Frank Navin elevate tailored suiting
- Trekker sandals and leg warmers introduce an outdoor aesthetic
- Retro and craft themes highlight the collection’s ‘geek chic’ appeal
Dries Van Noten
Classic British menswear with a subversive twist is the basis for Dries Van Noten’s latest F/W 2018-19 collection.
- An anarchic element comes through in the punkish pants and kilts
- Checks and plaids are mixed and matched for an edgy take on tradition
- Floral embroideries and fringe trim add an American West vibe
All images courtesy of Trendstop.
WeConnectFashion readers can get FREE ACCESS to Trendstop’s Spring Summer 2018 Top Collections by City report, a curated overview of the most influential NYC collections. Simply click here, to receive your free report.
Trendstop.com, is the world’s leading trend forecasting agency for fashion forward trend information that is validated through early consumers to give you confidence in your trend decision making. Clients include H&M, Primark, Forever21, Zalando, Geox, Evisu, Hugo Boss, L’Oreal and MTV.
- Women's Reports
- Menswear Reports
- Color: Fall/Winter Color Trends
- Color: Spring/Summer Color Trends
- Runway & Tradeshow: Fall/Winter
- Runway & Tradeshow: Spring/Summer
RELATED CONTACT LISTS PRODUCTS