Key Material Trends for Fall Winter 2016-17
Courtesy of Trendstop
Kick-start your season with an array of essential materials trends, updating Fall/Winter 2016-17 womenswear with directional new textures. Cold weather wardrobes evolve with fresh approaches to heavyweight felts and starched cottons, while innovative bondings emphasize body and hold. Elsewhere, fragile sheers inspire chic, feminine looks. These trends have been pinpointed by Trendstop’s materials experts. Here, Trendstop presents WeConnectFashion readers with three must-have F/W 16-17 materials trends forecast to influence women’s fashion, encompassing Wovens, Delicates and Jersey & Knits.
Womenswear Materials Direction
Contemporary Felt. Heavy-duty woolens.
Coming through in Wovens, heavy-duty woolens utilize felted surfaces for added warmth.
- Military influences inspire utility chic in tailoring and outerwear
- Soft yet weighty textures are key
- Executed in a palette of cool winter grays
Fuzzy Surfaces. Jersey & knits evolve.
Emerging in Jersey & Knit, materials refresh winter collections with soft, fuzzy properties.
- A key update for mohair and angora textures
- Loose yarns extend from the surface, enhancing tactile effects
- Ideal for shaping cozy sweaters and seasonal skirts
Clouds of Lace. 3D qualities.
In the Delicates sector, we see layering update lace textures with directional 3D qualities.
- Produced with lightweight webbing and cloudy surfaces
- Soft, sheer textures create elegant garments
- Pale colorways highlight the trend’s airy feel
Trendstop.com, is the world’s leading trend forecasting agency for forward fashion forward trend information that is validated through early consumers to give you confidence in your trend decision making. Clients include Forever21, PVH, Ralph Lauren, H&M, Hugo Boss and L’Oreal.