ISPO Trade Show Report, 3 Essential Unisex Activewear Trends F/W 2016-17
Courtesy of Trendstop
The experts at Trendstop bring WeConnectFashion readers a special feature dedicated to the latest developments emerging in the sportswear sector, as we reveal three directional new trends that combine athletic, performance-led design with a fashion-forward twist. Our trend-spotters were recently stationed at ISPO Fall 2016 in Munich, analyzing every collection presented on the trade show floor. The essential themes include: Minimal Utility, Undercover Denim Blue to Marled Active Textures.
ISPO Munich Report
pictured: ISPO tradeshow.
Utility-inspired styles are stripped back with a minimal aesthetic, creating clean, functional styles for winter.
- Clean-lined shapes update outdoor jackets and parkas.
- Embossed surfaces add interest to single-color footwear.
- Key details emerge with multi-pockets, zips and small-scale fastenings.
Undercover Denim Blue
Denim blue is subdued with a dark gray cast, producing a versatile shade with stealth undertones.
- The deep color introduces depth to winter outerwear designs.
- Technical bombers, furry parkas and padded jackets are updated.
- White contrast details lend a sporty dimension to footwear.
Marled Active Textures
Marl textures are introduced to the active wardrobe, creating a must-have materials story for fall.
- Different yarns are twisted together in tonal neutral shades.
- Thick fibres add warmth and tactility to outerwear and bags.
- Contrast textures like nylon or wovens inject a forward feel.
WCF readers can get 10% off Trendstop’s Spring/Summer 2017 Athleisure Key Print & Graphics Forecast, a must-have guide to the best-selling print trends for the upcoming season, designed to cover athleisure, yoga, fashionable leisure, sports inspired and athletic markets. Simply enter promo code TWCFA17 to receive your exclusive discount.
Trendstop.com, is the world’s leading trend forecasting agency for fashion forward trend information that is validated through early consumers to give you confidence in your trend decision making. Clients include Forever21, PVH, Ralph Lauren, H&M, Hugo Boss and L’Oreal.