Interfiliere Paris Spring Summer 2019 Overview
Courtesy of Trendstop
This week, WeConnectFashion readers look at four materials directions that will be informing the SS19 intimates and active sports markets. On view, an exclusive report from Trendstop’s materials experts. Their team travelled to the Interfiliere event held at the Porte de Versailles Expo Centre in Paris where graphic surface effects and the sensory experiences of textile finishing inspired and elevated functional activewear fabrications. Nature influences also came to the fore with seasonal prints and 3D raised effect applied to intricate lace.
From the halls of the Interfiliere Paris tradeshow: Digital Retro and The Graphic Stripe show how classic and vintage prints are being revived and refreshed for the new season. Leaf Motifs and 3D Floral Lace explore how nature themes are influencing lingerie and fine fashion fabrications.
Intimates and Active Sports Materials
Retro prints are updated for SS19 with pixelated, 8-bit graphic effects for a digital era appeal.
- Distorted geometric prints and crinkle surface textures emulate pixels
- Vintage brights are lifted by stark black and white
- Luminous accents add a dynamic flash that electrifies all-over prints
Nature themes come through in tropical palm prints, leafy appliques and delicate lacy fronds.
- Pale green tones and soft black grounds elevate foliage motifs
- A new elegance works for both fashion and lingerie applications.
- Applique and embroidery adds 3D surface interest
The Graphic Stripe
The classic stripe is elevated for summer with graphic linear patterns in a mix of vibrant hues.
- Multi-width stripes modernize classic patterns
- Sporty brights gain added pop against fashion accent tones and black
- Solid stripes over subtle print grounds create new contrasts
3D Floral Lace
Traditional lace techniques gain added interest with 3D appliques and embellishment.
- Ribbon strands are coiled into raised rose blooms
- Fragile lingerie fabrics are cut and sewn into surface petal effects
- Heavily embroidered patches contrast against delicate net
All images courtesy of Trendstop.
WeConnectFashion readers can get FREE ACCESS to Trendstop’s Spring/Summer 2018 In The Desert Material Forecast Theme, featuring key themed material directions for the upcoming season. Click Here, to receive your complimentary report.
Trendstop.com, is the world’s leading trend forecasting agency for fashion forward trend information that is validated through early consumers to give you confidence in your trend decision making. Clients include H&M, Primark, Forever21, Zalando, Geox, Evisu, Hugo Boss, L’Oreal and MTV.