Fall Winter 2017-18 Menswear on the Catwalks
Courtesy of Trendstop
This week, WeConnectFashion readers get an exclusive insight into three key trends from the Fall/Winter 2017-18 Menswear collections. Cotton comfort fabrics are revisited with a cooling aesthetic in Concrete Comfort, contrasting the earthy, undergrowth hues of The Evergreen Trackstar. While Boxed-In Minimalism introduces the idea of subtle deconstruction in graphic placements, as typography and photographic images are reworked in boxed-in compositions.
Comfort is revisited with a cooling touch, as juxtapositions of tough lines and comfort textures were seen throughout menswear apparel on the catwalk.
- Tonal concrete shades and tactile leisure hybridize.
- Spongy jersey and tech enhancements wrap around the silhouette.
- Re-imagining comfort dressing with subtly oversized proportions.
Validating our Fall 2017 Graphic themes, designers deconstructs typography and photographic imagery in a bold box-like graphic placement.
- Lettering is interrupted as if reading a barcode.
- Introducing the idea of coded messages to graphic placements.
- Silhouettes evoke a similar mood with an extreme plays on proportion.
The Evergreen Trackstar
Become at one with your surroundings, as the deepest depths of the undergrowth inject color inspiration in menswear apparel.
- Designs are elevated with a saturated sports mood.
- Focusing on strong graphical lines for a clean and contemporary aesthetic.
- Soft sports sheens enhance depth in fabrications.
All images courtesy of Trendstop.
WeConnectFashion readers can get FREE ACCESS to our Fall Winter 2016-17 Top Collections by City, an essential report featuring the season’s best collections and directional designers from the leading fashion capitals. Simply click here to watch now.
Trendstop.com, is the world’s leading trend forecasting agency for fashion forward trend information that is validated through early consumers to give you confidence in your trend decision making. Clients include H&M, Primark, Forever21, Zalando, Geox, Evisu, Hugo Boss, L’Oreal and MTV.