Fall Winter 2017-18 Essential Menswear Theme
Courtesy of Trendstop
Blurring the lines between formal and casualwear, Minimalist Utility brings a feeling of precision and refined understatement to functional themes.
- Clean-cut silhouettes and pared back styling elevate cargo styles.
- Utility styles are refreshed with a contemporary urban appeal.
- An earthy palette and textural elements have a sophisticated feel.
Top image: Maison Margiela Fall Winter 2016-17, photo courtesy of Trendstop.
Colour & Print
Dark earth tones and rich core shades strengthen the winter palette with a new depth of colour while prints reference urban and industrial aspects.
- Cool earth tones and frosty, frozen neutrals have a clean wintry feel.
- Screen printing and typography contemporize seasonal patternation.
- Military origins are updated with a tribal take on camouflage patterns.
Surface & Materials
Innovative materials fuse performance with practicality, updating traditional fabrications for a sartorial tech aesthetic.
- Contemporary cables and defined ribs modernise traditional knits.
- Waterproof and insulated qualities are applied to tailored pieces.
- Waxed cottons and dry handles introduce rustic surface interest.
All images courtesy of Trendstop.
WeConnectFashion readers can get FREE ACCESS to our Fall Winter 2016-17 Top Collections by City, an essential report featuring the season’s best collections and directional designers from the leading fashion capitals. Simply click here to watch now.
Trendstop.com, is the world’s leading trend forecasting agency for fashion forward trend information that is validated through early consumers to give you confidence in your trend decision making. Clients include H&M, Primark, Forever21, Zalando, Geox, Evisu, Hugo Boss, L’Oreal and MTV.