Directional Menswear SS17 Color on the Runways
Courtesy of Trendstop
This week, the Trendstop catwalk team gives WeConnectFashion readers an exclusive insight into three color directions emerging on the SS17 men’s runways. Blue Steel sees color become more transseasonal as deeper hues bring an ice cool element. Classic khaki is updated with strong earth infused tones that reflect a more contemporary take on the Maximum Green utility trend, while Atomic Coral imbues SS17 with a feminine touch in vibrant saturated coral hues.
Essential Spring / Summer 2017 Color
Image courtesy of Trendstop: Paul Smith Spring/Summer 2017 collection.
Deeper hues are transcending the season’s palette as deeper shades of blue emerge for SS17.
- Dusted mid-tones express an icy depth.
- Lends a cooling touch and a steely sensibility.
- Works well with to lightweight seasonal outerwear and sportswear co-ords.
Earth toned khaki resonates with menswear’s utilitarian vibe for SS17.
- Foliage and undergrowth inspired shades are ideal for outerwear.
- Applications in both technical and natural fabrications.
- Solid blocks of color complement a cleaner more contemporary silhouette.
Sun drenched coral tones inspired by tropical destinations.
- A high summer punch in double-color applications.
- Reflecting the trend for feminine nudes reworked for menswear.
- Amplified peach hues make a statement across sportswear, denim and formal evening categories.
All images courtesy of Trendstop.
WeConnectFashion readers can get free access to Trendstop’s Fall 2017 Color Video Presentation; an essential video containing advanced tips for successful color selection and revealing the best-selling color for Fall 2017.
Click the banner to receive your complimentary presentation.
Trendstop.com, is the world’s leading trend forecasting agency for fashion forward trend information that is validated through early consumers to give you confidence in your trend decision making. Clients include H&M, Primark, Forever21, Zalando, Geox, Evisu, Hugo Boss, L’Oreal and MTV.